I made Minimalist Baker’s vegan lasagna this week (slightly modified) and wanted to share it all with you because it is SO easy and SO good. Her pictures are way prettier than mine (definitely not a food stylist here) but it was delicious all the same.
The whole thing takes only 20 minutes to put together, requires less than 10 ingredients, and only dirties a couple dishes. It really doesn’t get easier.
I followed her lasagna recipe but instead of using macadamia nuts for the ricotta filling, followed her tofu ricotta recipes from her eggplant roll ups. Other than that I made a few tweaks for personal taste preferences.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 3-4 medium zucchini
- jar of your favorite marinara
- 12 oz block extra firm tofu
- heaping 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 1 tbsp dried basil
- 2 lemons juiced
- 3-4 tbsp EVOO
- salt and pepper to taste
- vegan parmesan cheese
1.Preheat oven to 375 degrees
2. Using a cheesecloth or towel, squeeze any extra liquid out of tofu.
3. Add tofu, nutritional yeast, oregano, basil, lemon juice, EVOO, handful of vegan parmesan, and salt and pepper to blender. Blend until semi-pureed. You’re looking for a ricotta esque texture. Add more nutritional yeast or vegan parm to up the cheese flavor.
4. Thinly slice zucchini lengthwise.
5. Spoon sauce on bottom of 9 x 13 pan, enough to cover. Begin to layer zucchini on top to cover. Scoop spoonfuls of ricotta over the zucchini. I left mine in globs but you could spread evenly out if you wanted to 🙂
6. Continue to layer sauce, zucchini, and ricotta. Finish with a top layer of zucchini, thin layer of sauce, and sprinkle of vegan parm.
7. Cover with foil and bake for 45 minutes. Remove the foil and bake for 10 min. Turn over to broil and bake for 5 minutes (makes cheese golden and crispy).
8. EAT & ENJOY!
Would you try vegan ricotta? To weird? Or freaking delicious? LMK.