These brownies came about as I had some VERY overripe bananas in my fridge that needed a purpose ASAP or they were getting tossed. A quick google search brought me to Gimme Delicious‘s blog. This recipe is almost too good to be true. It is SO simply and quick to make but SO tasty.
The brownies come out super fudge like. If you’re looking for fluffy cake brownie, this isn’t the recipe for you. If however, you want some dense and delicious fudge goodness, I have you covered. I added an extra peanut butter drizzle on top of mine (because there is no such thing as too much PB) but you could also add nuts, chocolate chunks, or any additions of your choice!
Made with only four ingredients, these brownies are not only incredibly simple to make, but also a really healthy way to satisfy your sweet tooth. These brownies are vegan, gluten free, paleo and has no added sugar. Basically meaning that they are totally acceptable to eat any time of day. I highly suggest having one with your morning coffee 😉
What you’ll need:
- 3 overripe bananas (the browner the better)
- 1/3 – 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup protein powder
- 2 heaping tbs. unsweetened cocoa powder
How to make ’em:
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Grease your baking dish or skillet well. I used coconut oil to grease my cast iron pan and has no issues with sticky brownies 🙂
- Mash your bananas up well in a large mixing bowl, then mix in the peanut butter. Stir till well-combined.
- Add in protein and cocoa powder; stir well.
- Pour batter into greased pan. Bake for 15-20 min.
I baked my brownies for 17 min and they turned out just right however I suggest checking them a bit earlier, everyone’s oven is different! They will still be soft and fudgy but the toothpick should come out clean!
These make a great healthy dessert or a delicious morning treat!
I always love seeing your photos, if you make these, tag me!